What a weekend
My very best friend and her family came to visit us and we have spent the past 4 days in a downtown Las Vegas resort. Swimming, cooking, relaxing, and having fun…just what we needed!
I spent a lot of time this weekend thinking about Father’s Day. What a great day to honor such important gifts in our lives! Naturally, I thought about my own dad…I thought about the things I used to love the most about him when I was a child. My greatest memories include all-out wrestling matches on the floor of our living room until one of us kids got hurt, or singing as loud as we possibly could to old rock songs when my dad drove us somewhere. And mostly, I loved how easily he could cheer me up with one silly face when I was sad about something.
As I gathered up my memories, I couldn’t help but wonder what memories my own kids have established with the fatherly figures in their lives. I have no doubt that their list of wonderful things about their own dad will be just as special as mine.
I asked them about it, and they gave me 14 reasons why their dad is pretty amazing…
1. He’s really strong ( I love that this is the first thing my daughter said, because it’s my favorite thing about him too!)
2. His shirts are cool
3. He helps us not to be scared, he will shoot it (HAHA!)
4. He is brave when we aren’t (awww, so sweet)
5. He throws water balloons at us
6. We shoot birds together with my BB gun. (YES & in my backyard!)
7. He gets me some suckers.
8. He lets us do silly things to him.
9. When I was little, he used to help me count
10. He prays for our dinner.
11. He says funny things to make me feel better (one of his strongest characteristics!)
12. He gives me some lovin’
13. He so handsome
Thank you Mr. Crow for giving my children such wonderful memories and the promise of filling them with so much more!
I love you and I love the father that you are!