Easy Homemade Viennetta Recipe
The 80’s born Viennetta unites the smooth vanilla and the strong dark chocolate making it a timeless summer hit.
- 3 1/2 oz / 100g Dark chocolate with stevia like this
- 1 oz / 25g Dark chocolate with stevia
- 4 Egg whites
- 2 cup / 500ml Whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup or other optional sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Start with melting 3 1/2 oz / 100g of chocolate as it needs the most time to prepare. Break chocolate into pieces and put it into a small saucepan. Place saucepan of chocolate on a slightly bigger saucepan of something water. Stir occasionally until melted completely.
- Whilst you are waiting for the chocolate to melt prepare the baking paper where you plan to spread chocolate.
- Make three thin rectangle sleets by spreading melted chocolate on the baking paper. The size of them has to be the same as the size of your baking tin.
- Put them in the in the fridge and continue with the next step.
- Put the cream with the vanilla extract and agave syrup into a mixing bowl and whip it until the whipped cream forms soft peaks.
- Put egg whites in a different bowl. Be careful not to have anything else in the bowl because if you leave any drop of yolk in, the egg whites won’t raise the same way. Whisk until it’s hard.
- Gently stir whipped cream and egg whites until it incorporates well. Be careful not to break the foamy egg. You have to get an even mixture at the end.
- Cover the tin with cling film. You shouldn’t miss this step as at the end it will help you take the ice cream or of the tin.
- Put some cream into the tin. Then put the first chocolate sleet on top.
- Repeat putting layers into the tin finishing off with the creamy mixture.
- Pop tin into the freezer for at least 3 or even better if 4 hours.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate (1 oz / 25g). Pour it on top of the frozen ice cream. Optionally sprinkle shredded nuts on top. (Be fast as the chocolate will go hard quickly when you pour it in top of the frozen ice cream.)