Healthy Tiramisu Recipe
Healthy tiramisu recipe you can be addicted to. No sugar, gluten free Tiramisu blended into chocolate cheesecake.
- 1.7 oz / 50g Pitted dates grind
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 4 tbsp Coffee espresso or decaf depends on your preference
- 3.5 oz / 100g Unsweetened chocolate for melting like this
- Measure and grind almonds.
- Chop dates into small pieces. I used my mincer to do it for me.
- Prepare coffee.
- Liquify coconut oil in case it’s not already liquid.
- Pour all of these ingredients into a medium size mixing bowl and blend them together until it’s mixed properly.
- Prepare cake tin by covering in with parchment paper.
- Put bottom layer into the cake tin. Make sure it’s evenly spread.
- Prepare chocolate layer. Break and place chocolate into a small pan on top of a slightly bigger pan of simmering water to melt.
- Meanwhile crack and separate eggs. Beat yolk until light yellow. Fold in mascarpone and keep beating it. The cream needs to have smooth consistency.
- Take melted chocolate of the heat and leave it cool a little bit.
- Whilst chocolate is cooling, you have some time to beat egg whites until hard peeks form.
- By the time you finish whisking egg whites the chocolate is cool enough to fold into the mascarpone-yolk cream mixture. Fold it in carefully.
- Finally fold egg whites into the chocolate mixture. This is a difficult step. I always have to try my best not to break egg whites whilst mixing.
- Pour chocolate cream into the cake tin and spread it evenly.
- Continue with the top layer. It’s basically repeating the method you used with the chocolate layer, but instead of chocolate, put the vanilla extract and optionally the agave syrup or other sweetener into the mascarpone mixture.
- Which is the following: Separate eggs. Put them into two mixing bowls. Beat egg whites in one until hard peaks form. Whisk yolk with vanilla extract and optionally agave syrup or other sweetener until it has a light yellow colour. Mix mascarpone with the yolk to get a smooth cream. Fold in the egg white carefully. And that’s it.
- Spread top layer onto the chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle unsweetened cocoa powder on top.
- Healthy tiramisu is ready to put into the fridge for a couple of hours.