Floating Island Recipe Straight From Heaven
Floating Island recipe was first invented by SunCakeMom
Ready in 15 minutes delicious low carb dessert recipe? It must be a dream except it is not!
- 4 cup / 1000ml Whole milk or your dairy-free milk of choice
- ½ Vanilla bean
- 2 Tablespoon Agave syrup or any sweetener of your choice
- Break vanilla stick and drop it into the milk.
- Bring milk to boil. Then leave it in low heat to simmer.
- Meanwhile break and separate eggs. Egg whites in one bowl yolks in another.
- Beat egg whites until stuff peaks form.
- Using a tablespoon to shape quenelles from the egg white mixture. Place them one by one in the simmering milk, over low heat.
- Flip the quenelles halfway through. Make sure the poaching liquid doesn’t boil or the meringues will puff up then suddenly collapse.
- When the quenelles are really puffed up and cooked, transfer them to bowl to drain.
- Whisk yolks with agave syrup until light yellow.
- Pour yolk mixture into the simmering milk.
- Stir it until you get an even mixture. Then it’s ready to pour it out in bowl to cool down.
- Put meringues on top and pop it in the fridge for an hour before you serve it.