Sweet Rolls With Chocolate For Times When You Don’t Feel Like Going Out
Feeling the need to dip something into you hot chocolate but you are dead bored of biscuits today?
- 7 tbsp / 100g Butter
- 2 oz / 50g Raisins optional
- 1¼ cup / 300ml Milk or water
- 5 cup / 600g Flour
In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder, butter and agave syrup. Whisk them well.
- Sprinkle the yeast into half cup of lukewarm milk or water. If it gets foamy that’s completely normal it shows that the yeast is working.
- In the meantime measure and put flour, eggs, butter and the remaining milk into a large bowl. Eventually pour in the foamy yeast and milk too.
- Knead the mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Cover top with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot until for half an hour.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a square.
- Cut crosswise into 1″ (2cm) wide pieces. (Clean knife after each slice to make it easier to cut.)
- Cover and let them rise for about half an hour.
- Heat the oven to 356°F / 180°C
- Brush the rolls with egg yolk before placing them in the oven.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes (depends on your oven) and take them out when they have a nice golden color.
- Let them cool a little bit before serving.